I used to be a “list” writer, do this, do that, remember this, get that … But then you ask, when is it too much? I know people who write lists about lists. That, to me is overkill. When you get to the point of needing a list just to keep track of your other lists, you’ve got a problem.
However, that doesn’t mean that having a list is a bad thing. For me, it’s a way of keeping track of both ideas as well as what needs to be changed, added, or otherwise putz with. Having said that, this is the current list of things:
Plan for a thicker PCB– Done, 7/31 Check height on LED– Done, 7/31 Move control board to wedge inside of LEDs boards– No longer pursuing this idea, 8/1 Add solder joints for VCC, GND, and control lines. One in each corner?– Sort off, original idea won’t work, need to think of something else, 7/30 Add solder joints for control board to pass to LED boards– See above, 7/30
- Move battery connection to other side of control board. Order will be: battery, control board, LED boards
Check tube diameter with new arrangement of LED boards– Switching to 1″ tube, 7/31
- Check a three tier setup; will require some way of inserting board with switch(es) protruding out and then wedging it into place, or
- Consider adding a clear cap/plug that holds the PCB in place with the battery pressed against it – this will make access to the switch trickier
Add battery check with proper pull down and series resistor– Done, 8/1
- Add brightness button
- Separate VCC to LEDs from VCC to drivers, to allow drivers to be turned on with the switch, and LEDs with MOSFET after a short delay to prevent instant white when first turned on
Switch to 24bit BMP images– This is being pushed to a future revision. Code extra control in control file: Add individual image display length– Done, 8/4 Add individual image display speed (this can be calculated when image is created)– This will be calculated and put in the file. Add ability to pause between images– Done, 8/4 Add loop refresh rate (how fast will an image loop back to the beginning of itself)– Done, 8/4
- add ability to use folders on uSD card
- add a 4-way switch so a user can navigate (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A)
- come up with a way to send music cues wireless and trigger changes, RF? Bluetooth? XBEE Wire mesh?
- alternatively, come up with a way to change based on music cues written to the control file
- This would require a way to get those cues from the music somehow – reading a wave form perhaps?
- add a gyro/accelerometer for static images (way, way out in the future perhaps)