Posted on

Full Color Please

I did not like the color limit on the code. Just too … limited. So I decided to rewrite it from scratch and go full color. Unfortunately, that also meant I could no longer put the images in memory because they took too much. An AVR only has 2K worth of program memory that I can use, and an image that’s 48 pixels tall by 48 pixels wide will use 6,912 bytes worth of colors. The only other option was to start putting the data on an external media. What better to use that a standard micro SD card, everyone knows what that is. So after some more recoding, this is the result: